Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ranga's Quilt.



















So, here is Ranga's quilt.
Ranga of course, being short for Orangutan, as not one, but both parents are strawberrically blessed.
Ranga has been kind enough to furnish me with an excuse to purchase soy babycinos at work for the last 8 months.
This is my way of squaring things up a little.

Made from 225, 3 inch squares of fussy cut novelty fabric.
And because Cath is Cath, I was able to include tattoo fabric, dancing cowboys skeletons and Day of the Dead fabric for a newborn's quilt without so much a moment's hesitation.

I'm glad I know people like that. ;O)

I even managed to slip my customary greeting/salutation of "Up the Rabbitohs!" in there.

I hope this quilt provides Ranga with many hours of fun and learning, and simultaneously frees up time for Cath and Ben. ;O)

I also hope it plays a part in letting said Ranga know just how much she/he has already been loved even before making an earthly appearance.

I enjoyed every stitch of this project. Except that one at the end when I pricked my finger (snort, giggle, I said prick)

Vive la Ranga!

2 comments:

John Patten said...

Awesome quilt. In particular the Rabbitohs patch. Also, be sure to watch those lemon pips!

clairbear said...

Go the gay pride fabric...looks tops!