Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just a day.

Things that happened today which probably don't deserve a mention.

Woke up with Phoebe on my pillow and her back feet under my face. Not going to think about where the rest of her was.
God she's warm. Soft too. Each time I move she starts to purr.
I love Phoebe.

I slept in. I hate that. Too many things to do.

I got lots of the green bits done on Clair's cross stitch.

Poppy pissed all over my fave round cushion for no good reason and I got mad at her for the first time in four and a half years.

Imagine her surprise.

Jeff appears spooked by this.
As well he might be.

I went to Lincraft and got served straight away.
WTF?
At least they didn't disappoint with their stock levels of DMC thread. I'm guessing they must order replacement stock annually.
Well done.
I walked through their scrapbooking section without cursing.
First time ever.
I'll make up for it next time.

I bought crayons, thread, beads and fabric dye with the voucher Nadia and Wayne gave me for my birthday. Fangs luvs. :O) (I'll make you something nice)

Had sushi with Jeff.
Were served by an ex-student of his whose name he couldn't remember if his life was on the line. Actually, he couldn't remember her at all.
Probably she doesn't like football.

Ran into a very grateful patient who is frighteningly eager to take another bottle of nasty tasting herbs.

Saw a junkie steal sunglasses from a shop in Parramatta. Came pretty close to being knocked over by him too.
I hadn't realised that heroin made you run that fast.
I've always known it makes you dress badly.

Had a good laugh at all the Roosters jerseys in the window at Cash Converters.

Mars Hill was full. WTF?

Bought a good looking pomegranate. Not going to share though.

Bought a green apple for tomorrow's red cabbage dish which had a beautiful lady bug on it.
Made Jeff take it outside the shopping centre to let it go somewhere nice while I minded the trolley.
He very thoughtfully took a photo of it on his phone to show me that it was indeed OK so I didn't worry all night.
Bloody hell. Am I that bad?

Bought another ripper sewing mag.

Tidied the pantry. I always feel better for that.
Why do we have Freckles anyway?
Apparently Adrian hasn't seen them.

Missing Adrian.
How can someone be so noisy and exert such a calming influence at the same time?
Ah yes, the Pisces man.

All but given up using a thimble.

Picked up the Community College brochure.
Anyone want to do the "Cupcake Workshop" with me? Better call Taryn. Wait, are Souths playing May 31st?


So you see, that's why, when someone asks, "What are you up to?", you must in all seriousness, reply with, "Nothing much", rather than with what I just did.

I'm sorry about that. It won't happen again.

4 comments:

gretchenaro said...

I don't suppose the Cupcake class is simulcast to the US, is it? I would definitely do that with you but you must promise not to let your kitties sit on my cupcakes.

gretchenaro said...

hehe...I just reread the class title, "Cupcake Workshop". I thought it said "Cupcake Worship!" ...hehe

clairbear said...

I'll join the cupcake worship class for sure.

If you do the cupcake class then you can tease me on facebook by saying you made them and that you are all sitting around eating them and thinking of me. You cow. Still not over the corned beef.

John Patten said...

If cupcake class has its own line of merch - let me know.

Apple photo cracked me up. Haha! (see?)