Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My brother.








My brother has seen a great deal of the world. Perhaps because of this, he sometimes sees things in a way I simply cannot. This makes it all the more special to me when we grasp the same tangent.

I've always liked Adrian's photographs. He has a way of catching the world napping and preserving those moments which require no explanation.

I happened upon some of his pics from his last trip to India and almost cried due to their charm and humour.
They are mostly of animals doing odd things.

Our appreciation of nature is really very similar I guess.
Although I do think he is more accepting of it's nasty side than I am.

If a gigantic bull (see first pic) happened to walk up to Adrian's front door, he would simply look right back at it and say, "Oh, hello", and go about his business, leaving the bull to go about his too.

Uncomplicated acceptance.

Meanwhile, I would be trying to name it, pat it, feed it and work out whether it would fit on the lounge or not.

I would call him Brian.
And I would cook him rice pudding.
And we would all squish up so he could fit.

1 comment:

John Patten said...

Brian is a great name for a bull. And you're right, leave the orange alone. It's a shitty colour that only looks good on bald men and bird embryos.