Monday, April 14, 2008

Hello, I'm Simone and I'm a serial killer.




Hello, I'm Simone and I am a serial killer.
There, I've said it.
Let the wanky 12 step healing program begin.

And to think that I've gotten away with it for 39 years without it becoming socially inhibiting, makes me feel a good deal more proud than it rightly should.

It always takes a good friend to reflect back to you what you need to confront or be congratulated for.
And Clair is just such a person.

She has spent the last 10 months or so planning, cutting, piecing, scheming and stitching an offering for me which makes me feel joyous to my very core.

She has made me this beautiful quilt with 12 cats, each stitched with a name of 1 of my expired feline darlings on it. FFS I hadn't ever tallied them before.

Not taking responsibility for all those names either. Cripes. Certainly Fluffy and Chablis were not of my doing.

Indeed, it makes me feel as though I've been a little careless with my feline charges over the years.
To lose 2 cats is bad luck.
To lose 9 is closer to negligence.

Well, in order to remind me to pay greater attention in future, I'm planning on hanging this magnificent piece on my study wall.
Sadly, this wall directly faces Poppy's tree birds and we may run the risk of scaring the living crap out of them.
Pity then that they s(h)it right over my clothes line.
But hey, maybe they'll feel loved and protected by the 12 gay pride cats with bad names watching over them, in addition to Poppy herself.

You never know.

Does that count as all of Step 1?
Or have I already covered a bit of Step 2?

N.B. The pic of Phoebe sitting on the quilt, going in for a major arse lick. :O)

3 comments:

John Patten said...

Good Vishnu! I haven't even offed my second cat yet. You make me feel like a rank amateur. Very cool quilt. But yeah, I'm not sure you've moved beyond step 1 yet.

clairbear said...

I've got a new name for you DEXTETTE. Dexter's cousin.

gretchenaro said...

That quilt is superdang adorable even with the dead kitties on it!