Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Parisian moment.

Righteo, I'm going to do it.
I've been putting it off, hoping that maybe, just maybe, my poor opinion of Paris would dwindle with time.
I thought I'd give it a few months and then look back at our pics and footage and that I'd see what it is that rest of the world seems to find charming about this place.
For certainly, I appreciated none of it while we were there.

And I don't think that I can write it off as having been tired, sick or just over travelling, because I all but wanted to roll around naked for joy on the pavement once I got to Hong Kong.

Watching bits and pieces of our footage, I immediately react the same way I did in January.

Irritation.

A monumental urge to snap everyone else out of their delusion. Why can't people see what a nasty little pretentious hovel this place really is?

Anyway, no point me describing to you how much I hated this dog of a joint and how disappointed I felt wasting my time there when I could have been somewhere good.

This clip says it all. And believe me, with my natural horror of being photographed etc, you may imagine just how much more I may have expressed, had Jeff not chosen to film "in the moment".

Paris. What a scam.

No comments: