Thursday, May 1, 2008

Meeting Tone und Lina.

I love this woman.

And all those years ago, I was worried that I wouldn't.
6 foot red head Norwegian Pisces.
What's not to love?

We first met in December 1997 at Munich station when Tone was my brother's girlfriend.
We took just one look at each other, hugged, linked arms and walked away together, each with a new sister.
Time and distance has made precious little difference to our relationship since that day.
This clip is 10 years later, January 2008 at Cologne station.

I had been wondering who would cry more, Tone or me?

It was me.
And this is surprising because I'm not by and large a watery person. Tone certainly is.

I dislike crying.
I shall fight tears on the beaches and on the landing grounds. I shall fight them in the fields and in the streets. I shall never surrender.

So, this clip tells me that I'm more inclined to cry from joy than from misery.
I suspected as much.
I hope it's not another 10 years before I cry for this reason again.

No comments: