Monday, May 5, 2008

My cup of tea.



Well, bloody death sticks and pointy chains may not be my cup of tea, but this surely was.

Damn if the Brits don't do a good job when they make you a cup of tea.

And they don't just give you half a cup either. God, that drives me crazy. I'd rather discover half the expected amount of cash in my purse than half a cup of tea in my mug.

And their cups are big. Really big!
And hot.
And they always have lemon nearby.
And when you order a black tea with your Double Bacon Deluxe meal deal instead of a coke, they think that is perfectly acceptable, if not sensible.

So, what was my favourite hot beverage?
It'd have to come down to a very close finish between Burger King, and this very cup of tea, purchased at the ornate Victoria and Albert Museum eatery, as to which impressed me most during our visit to London.

Honourable mention to that take away cup I grabbed at The Beatles Cafe which I was drinking while I crossed Abbey Road.
Dig it.

1 comment:

John Patten said...

I get the big cup thing. The Brits have it right. I drink tea out of a soup mug that holds more than 2 standard cups worth in it. The only downside is having to explain to people why it says "No.1 Dad" on the side. It was the only one big enough.