Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Please pimp my plain pov bag.




Sometimes at work we receive weird promotional items.
It is not only my pleasure, but also part of my belief system to "fix" these items.

Last Friday I was one of the lucky few who suddenly owned one of the most boring and easily the plainest bag I have ever laid eyes on.

And I'm talking the kind of plain that is passive aggressive. Extra, extra, extra plain. Like stale Milk Arrowroot biscuit plain.
This bag may have been occupying space, but space was in no way happy about it.

The only evidence of a design idea to be seen on this thing was a little bit of plain gold writing on the plain white lining inside the plain white bag.

But I fixed it and I fixed it good.
And space itself must now be forever grateful to me.

I arrived home at 6 o'clock as usual, broke with domestic tradition by landing on the lounge by 6:05 and then I set about relieving this bag of it's mediocrity. Poor thing.

I'm quite happy with the result. I not only pimped it, I whored it.

Yoga Boy sauntered by and informed me that it looked, "really pov" in a tone that confused me as it suggested that pov wasn't a desired outcome.
Can anyone help me with this?

Well, perhaps he meant that the good people at Imedeen didn't intend for it to look silly and crass. And maybe they're not South Sydney fans.

Pffffffffffffft to them.
When they stop selling 60 tablets of fish powder for $150, I'll stop pimping their merchandise.

Or not. ;O)

No comments: