Sunday, March 23, 2008

Start as you mean to continue...

EXHIBIT A


..so then I guess I should just launch into a variety of poorly formed complaints about things that don't seem to bother most people at all. No point pretending. ;O)

Nothing worse than first blogs, I say.
So I'll not be offering one. No explanation, no disclaimer, no commercial or educational value.

I begin instead with a full (and honest) inventory of the top drawer of my bedside table for no particular reason at all.

  • $2 book Pisces 2008 Guide from Go-Lo, astonishingly disappointing thus far
  • Collins Gem Guide to the Kings and Queens of England
  • Scratched CD titled "Hoopi Frood 06" which I'm too scared to listen to (although I am currently in training for that)
  • MP3 player with lime green earphones
  • lime green diary 2008 with first 2 weeks written in
  • 3D Dr. Suess book mark, intact
  • exactly 45 textas
  • bookmark from Adyar bookshop, chewed by cat
  • CD Mozart arias
  • Euro Travel diary, containing damning evidence and the backbone of many future blogs
  • pink noteblock - top page missing
  • 8 pens
  • Pisces Daily Horoscope 2007 - unnervingly accurate, hence the 2008 purchase and subsequent disappointment
  • old school camera
  • lime green bookmark with cats on it, tassel completely missing, ingested/chewed by cat
  • 2 rolls old school camera film
  • 2 "Opera Mania" CDs
  • ghastly religious looking Xmas card from student to Jeff from 2 years ago
  • 9 kinds of hand cream, full
  • CD wallet with my opera stuff in it
  • lime green cat collar, chewed
  • sad and neglected looking Walkman containing CD labeled "STUFF"
  • Pocket Guide to Budapest
  • Pocket Guide to Paris (later, later, I promise, OK?)
  • Pocket Guide to London - mangled and very well loved
  • aqua blue "Thumb Thing" - device to keep book pages open so you can read in bed, no honest
  • lime green fuzzy home made mobile phone sock, chewed, bell missing, possibly buried in the front garden by the Spider House
  • several bits of glitter, origin unknown
So, there you have it. A wander through my splinter wonderland. I got to blog and to contribute to greater domestic efficiency all at the same time. Blonde indeed.

2 comments:

John Patten said...

Yep, I totally lost it when I got to:

"9 kinds of hand cream, full."

No further comment..

Actually, I enjoyed reading the list. Of course, I'm going to have to pinch the exercise for my own blog. I don't lack imagination, just effort!

clairbear said...

NB: If you put your unused hand cream in Jeff's top draw and stop giving him sex for a few weeks, you will find it dissapears quite quickly I'd imagine.