Sunday, March 1, 2009

Maturing nicely.

By and large, 40th birthday presents should be elegant, boring or appallingly tokenistic. Perhaps all three.
That is, if the person celebrating the milestone is generally regarded as an adult.

Apparently, I am not generally regarded in such light.

But that's good, right?
Right?

What am I talking about?

I'm referring to the list of gifts I received for my 40th birthday. I think you'll agree that either, this is:

a) pretty damning evidence
or
b) worthy of inclusion in bold on the cover sheet of my CV.

In random order, because that's the way my brain works:

1000 worms (incl vegetable scraps and a clump of pubic hair for them to eat)
compost bin 1
compost bin 2
floor cleaning slippers
pirate bandaids
giant eraser
home made doll of Lila by Lila
home made earrings from cat bells
home made Beatles Reiki pack by Cath D.
Glo-Stix earrings
The Atheist Manifesto
Pandora turtle
Pandora bunny
Pandora football
comical underpants
slipper socks with pig pompoms


Okay, okay,so that's not all I got, I did in fact receive some lovely, sensible gifts, but I'm not proud of that, and I'm not inclined to mention them.
Of course, amongst everything else, I did get the gift of freedom, but that's not silly, so I'm not counting it.

Will post pics tomorrow.

Hooray for life, luv sim xoxo

No comments: