Monday, August 3, 2009

Mail call.



The other day I received a box full of goodies from Cleveland- the source of all things cool and interesting.

I almost tripped over it as I left the house in a hurry, and opened it using my very girlie lime green flowery Swiss army knife as I sat in the car waiting for Hell Boy.

It's contents were as follows:

  • Barack Obama quilting fabric LOL - 2 kinds - my mind is now fully taken over with thoughts of WTF can I make out of that!? I do have a few ideas, but they're a bit further out there than usual, so I think I should just go ahead and do it.
  • cupcake thongs/flip flops - exactly my size too
  • wine cooler with a Rabbitoh on it!
  • Oscar Wilde card *sigh*
  • groovy gift box
This is the kind of mail I like to get. Out of the blue, fun and thoughtful.
So thanks Gretchen. xoxx

Naturally I have returned serve and we shall have to wait until next week to see how that goes. ;O)

5 comments:

gretchenaro said...

I'm so glad you liked it and I got your shoe size right! Those shoes were just screaming to be on your feet.

As for the Obama fabric, can't find that in Australia, could you? I like getting you the most unique things going. And boy does that qualify!

Auntie Simone said...

Yeah! Well strap in, honey.

gretchenaro said...

I can't wait.

Would you like more fabric? Those were only two of a number of patterns with my new president on it.

Auntie Simone said...

Wait 'til you see what I did with it...it's so wrong that the entire Da-Da movement should stand up and applaud my audacity.
Once you've seen it then you can decide whether I can be trusted in the future.

gretchenaro said...

Having received the one-of-a-kind rabbit made of Obama fabrics, I know that you cannot indeed be trusted. I'm thrilled with it.

Side story, years ago Dom bought me a little stuffed white rabbit, very sweet looking. She turned out to be a direct descendant of a certain nasty little thing with big fangs... We had named her Snowball but after seeing an African runner in the Olympics named Sayed Oweda, she changed her name to a more menacing sounding, Snowballawalla. I've decided this latest rabbit needs to be called Obamawama. How do you like that?