Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Maturing nicely.






By and large, 40th birthday presents should be elegant, boring or appallingly tokenistic. Perhaps all three.
That is, if the person celebrating the milestone is generally regarded as an adult.

Apparently, I am not generally regarded in such light.

But that's good, right?
Right?

What am I talking about?

I'm referring to the list of gifts I received for my 40th birthday. I think you'll agree that either, this is:

a) pretty damning evidence
or
b) worthy of inclusion in bold on the cover sheet of my CV.

In random order, because that's the way my brain works, I recently received the following:

  • 1000 worms (incl vegetable scraps and a clump of pubic hair for them to eat)
  • compost bin 1
  • compost bin 2
  • floor cleaning slippers
  • hand sewn "Still hate the Roosters" block by Clair
  • pirate bandaids
  • giant eraser
  • home made doll of Lila by Lila
  • home made earrings from cat bells
  • home made Beatles reiki pack by Cath D.
  • Glo-Stix earrings
  • The Atheist Manifesto
  • Edelweiss handbag
  • Pandora turtle
  • Pandora bunny
  • Pandora football
  • comical underpants
  • slipper socks with pig pompoms
  • brass flying pig watering can which is not water tight and looks a lot like Phoebe

Please be advised that all of the above mentioned gifts are cherished.

Okay, okay,so that's not all I got, I did in fact receive some lovely, sensible gifts, but I'm not proud of that, and I'm not inclined to mention them.
Of course, amongst everything else, I did get the gift of freedom when I quit my job, but that's not silly, so I'm not counting it.

Hooray for life, luv sim xoxo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where oh where did you get the scrubbing shoes???? Also do they make baby wondersuits with the same material???

gretchenaro said...

Please don't ever do that M word thing.

Love the Lila doll!

Auntie Simone said...

Doesn't appear to be genetically possible.
I have inherited both the recessive and dominant genes for nonsense.