Monday, December 15, 2008

The things I come home with.

....are many and varied.

And considering that today I left the house with just my leopard skin handbag (well, it was Wendy's leopard skin handbag until last week), I think that the following list is pretty stunning.

OK:

  • Woody Guthrie biography - returned from Bonnie
  • Toilets of the World picture book - returned from Mark with his fave dunny bookmarked with a gingerbread brochure
  • Free Aussie calendar from the very nice lady in the tobacconist (hang on a tick and I'll explain). I might pop that in Jeff's Shitmas stocking.
  • 1 bar of soap with FACE written on one side and ARSE written on the other for Adrian's boss David for their Kris Kringle draw next week (I bought this in the tobacconist)
  • The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - book from Bonnie (I love that free A&R bookstore, it's great)
  • 1 tin for holding Vietnamese Moon Cakes from Wendy
  • 1 sexy pink satin nightie from Wendy
  • 1 bottle of Tamburlaine red wine from Nutrition Care
  • 1 huge box of chocolates that I'm allergic to from Mediherb/Phyto Medicine
  • 1 vanilla lip balm Xmas gift from Bonnie
  • 1 match your key chain to your outfit Xmas gift from Bonnie
  • 2 gorgeous charms for my Pandora bracelet that I don't actually own yet from Kathryn that I'd left in my pocket from last night
  • 1 box of 40 rolls of ribbons from Clair that I'd left in the car last night
Plus my handbag, a cardigan, my pale green blouse that I had taken off because Sue and I just got a massage on the way home from work.
That sounded bad.
I'm still wearing a black singlet, don't panic.

Sue and I went to the new massage place (it's in the mall, Gretchen) after work together, sorta like a family outing.
I'm pretty sure I looked worse than she did afterward, but they have no mirrors up, so I'm just guessing.
If I had to put money on it though...

Anyway, that's a fairly typical haul.
Obviously I don't receive Xmas gifts every day, but it's not common for me to come home with just the bare essentials.
Sometimes it's food from customers, shoes from Wendy, weird books from Bonnie, out of date stock, road rage megaphones....the sky's the limit.

I'll probably bring that home too one day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Far more impressive than coming home with a bunch of forks.